Privacy and Cookies Policy
We generally gather two different types of information on our website: submitted and automatic.
1. Submitted information
Content published on ampeduca’s Blog is accessible by all visitors. However, if a course is taken, a resource is downloaded or you want to leave a comment, users must register (“sign-up”) on-site. Upon signing-up, an account is created for the user (“Account”). Users who sign-up on-site are required to confirm their registration by clicking on an activation link which is sent to them via email. All active user accounts have the capability to write Reviews, download resources and take courses.
The personal information you submit through our online subscription form, such as your name and email address, is retrieved and stored in order for ampeduca to provide you and our other visitors with relevant curated resources, education products and related services. We will never share this personal information with any third party (except our service providers-see under 7).
By voluntarily submitting information, you authorize ampeduca to contact you via the permissions you clicked when registering, in accordance with all pertinent laws. You may be contacted regarding resources, new courses and special offers. If you receive an email communication or Newsletter from us you may unsubscribe through the opt-out link in the footer of the email. If you do so, you will be removed from the list and won’t receive any further mailings.
2. Automatic information
When users leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
3. What should you know about cookies?
The term cookies describe small pieces of data sent from websites to your browser. These files make it easier for Websites, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the navigation habits of a user or its computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your device, can offer accurate information to be able to recognize the user.
It is very important to know that cookies don’t contain any confidential identifiable information, like your address, telephone number or credit card data, so you’re still anonymous.
You can remove cookies through your browser at any time. You may have to do this per use and not on a one-time basis.
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Analysis cookies: These are the ones that are used to follow-up and analyse web user behaviour and draw up browser profiles, to improve the services on offer, based on an analysis of the usage data.
- Technical cookies: These are ones that allow users to browse through our website and use the various options and services on it such as, for example, manage the buying process.
- Session cookie: These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They’re only stored temporarily in a browser’s memory, so once a user closes their browser, the cookie disappears.
- Persistent cookies: They are stored in the hard disk and our website reads them every time you visit us. They have an expiration date after which cookies don’t work anymore.
Here are some examples of cookies used in ampeduca: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How can I disable cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your device in the settings of the browser options installed on your computer. Most of the web browsers offer this possibility.
4. When you buy a resource or course
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. This includes your name, email address and billing address.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, and when it was purchased, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing information.
Additionally you can read about our Terms and Conditions for the courses.
5. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
6. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
7. Who we share your data with
In order to have a well-working site and offer you a good service, we have the following third party providers with whom we share site data:
- Hosting: GoDaddy
- Web Platform: WordPress.Org
- Messaging service and Newsletter sending: MailChimp
- Online Store: WooCommerce
- Payments: PayPal
8. Contact information
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact us by sending an email. We will respond as soon as possible.